To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and create technical manpower of global standards in civil engineering.
To impart quality education in civil engineering to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders by providing professional civil engineering leadership and create competent professionals.
Programme educational objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of the civil engineering program are designed to produce skilled engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the civil engineering profession and are ready to handle the challenges of the profession. The civil engineering department is committed to produce civil engineers who:
- Apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find creative solutions to technological challenges and problems in various areas of basic sciences and engineering.
- Shall be able to analyze, design and use skills in order to formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- Be able to practice civil engineering in a responsible, professional and ethical manner and implement eco- friendly sustainable technologies for the benefit of industry and society.
- To take up higher education & to engage in research and development in civil engineering and allied areas of science and technology.
Programme outcomes (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.