Computer science is the fastest developing field in the world.
It is a science aiming at harnessing computers for the greater good of humankind.
- data networks and services,
- interactive systems,
- software research and
- data analysis, especially machine learning and data mining.
- Opearating Systems
- Linux Device Drivers
Department of Computer Science offers courses in English/Tamil also for exchange students.
Atmosphere at the Department Computer Sciences is welcoming and informal among the students and staff alike. This helps you to shape your studies to match your academic interests. The most successful students are also offered the possibility to join the research groups as trainees. This way, you can do your Master’s thesis project and network with internationally recognized researchers at the same time.
The objectives of the program are :
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Student Outcomes :
- An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and computing appropriate to the discipline
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a system / computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to address contemporary issues and analyze the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organizations and society
- Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional learning (lifelong learning)
- An ability to use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing and engineering practice.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and computer science theory in the modelling and design of computer-based systems (CS)
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems. (CS)